The ability to choose your store's packaging has been moved to create more flexibility within Elliot. Determining your default package allows you to select custom dimensions or allow you to choose a preferred carrier your your store.
To determine your default packaging for your Elliot store, follow these steps:
- From your Elliot admin panel, click the "Settings" menu
- From the Settings dashboard, click "Shipping"
- Scroll down to the "Packaging" setting
- Click "Add Package" to open a pop-up menu where you can select your packaging size and preferred carrier
- Once you have settled on a default package setting, click "Add Package"
The importance of the setting is to make sure the shipping rates for your customers are estimated as accurately as possible.
If you have products of various sizes or within a marketplace, you can set the default packaging and carrier, but each product will need to have accurate sizing dimensions (this is VERY important).